Recently we have had a lot of clients share they are homeschooling, have another full-time job, a special needs child, etc and so they are struggling with the time to operate their business. Today I want to give you some encouragement, and some strategies that have worked for a lot of people, including myself. If you are feeling this is challenging, you are not alone! Other than being “salesy” this is the #1 concern amongst network marketers, and I don’t think the nuances of it are talked about enough in a real way. So here we go!
- You have to know the most profitable activities in your business. They include networking, enrolling customers or builders, and launching builders. Often constraints can be freedom. Our activities will expand to the time we have allowed for them. If I have an hour to clean the living room, it will take an hour. If my mom messages me and says she will be there in 10 minutes, I’ll clean it in 10 minutes! Make a list of non-negotiable activities in your business, and a separate list of “would be nice” activities in your business. Prioritize accordingly.
- Don’t try to multitask. Many parents are homeschooling, or caring for young children. They always ask, how do I do this at the same time. You don’t. I consider homeschool or taking care of young children a full-time job. And it would be inappropriate and disrespectful to work a part-time business during another full-time job. It’s not respectful to either situation! And it causes a lot of anxiety and guilt. The better move for your family and your sanity is to choose a couple of evenings and a weekend day to work your business so your partner (or other support system) can grab the baton while you build your business. It’s like when Charlie works 6 days a week. We work together with a little extra planning to get all the things done, and we choose which things aren’t as big of a priority. There are more crockpot meals. Zoey makes BBQ chicken sandwiches. My mom gets called for a stash of Indian food.
- I recommend alternating days on and off so you have space to rest. Context switching back and forth is tough. So working Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday in 4 hour spurts will be more productive than working 6 days in 2 hour spurts.
- Block off time in your family’s schedule the same way that we would block off our children’s sporting events or a Bible study. I like to have clients print out a weekly calendar, write in when they are working on the business and what they are doing, and then put it on the fridge just like everything else. It helps to keep everyone in the loop.
- Sharpen your saw on your technical skills. A high-converting sales conversation helps everyone to be more effective with their time. Our clients who use the Customer First Sales System do this… they time block their available openings. They invite people to meet with them 1-on-1 or in a group. They give an agenda, ask some questions, explain scenarios where people use the products, and give 2 simple options to buy. They typically give an extra bonus if they buy that day. Most clients have over half of the people decide to order. This is great because your network goes a lot further and there is way less busy work involved, like follow-up or confusion over what you are doing.
Getting your current situation to your ideal situation takes a bunch of small adjustments. I recommend that you think about what I’ve shared with you and pick 1-2 things you are either going to start, stop, or continue. Choose the thing that is going to make the biggest difference for you and your family. And keep adjusting over time. You will get it. I believe in you. 🙂
When you are ready there are a few ways to work with us:
Step 1: Join our community of awesome network marketers at emergesalestraining.com/group. In this Facebook community, I do consistent live videos (not featured here) addressing community member questions, and you will have an opportunity to connect with me and my team. I really hope to see you there!
Step 2: Sign up for a FREE Focus Call. Fill out a brief form at emergesalestraining.com/chat and a member of our team will connect with you to chat through your goals, your current situation, identify the #1 obstacle that is holding you back, and give you an action plan. At the end, you will feel clear and confident about what you need to focus on in your business to reach your goals. If you want us to work with you to implement the plan, great! We will share how that works and get you set up so you can gain quick momentum. If not, no big deal, we want to make sure you have clarity no matter what. Go to emergesalestraining.com/chat to schedule.
Step 3: Join the Emerge Surge. The Emerge Surge is our year-round group coaching program where you will be able to organize and implement your productivity, sales, recruiting, leadership, and social media systems at your own pace. Attend live coaching calls with Tasha 1x per week, watch simple “what to do next and what to say” videos to move into action immediately, and collaborate with other “doers” to hold yourself accountable and inspire you to be the best version of yourself. You never have to feel alone again. Join for your first 2 weeks for free, and only $47/month after that at https://emergesales.kartra.com/page/14days