What would happen if you could increase your sales 20-40%?
I recently discovered some new research and I am going to share it with you in today’s podcast. You probably think it is some wording tactic, but it actually isn’t. My mind was blown when I read this research.
The study I read about was done awhile back and found that people in sales who were optimistic, saw a 20-40% increase in overall results. You’ll have to watch the video to see that I am wearing my “Choose Happy” hoodie :). You can watch/listen HERE.
Today I am going to share some tips on how to increase your optimism, some tips on what not to do, and a little bit of inspiration.
Here are ways that you can increase your optimism:
- Surround yourself with positive people
This is the MOST, MOST, MOST important tip. Join a networking group of entrepreneurs that have awesome, positive attitudes who are in the arena and growing with you. If you are being mentored, make sure that person is in the arena fighting for the next thing.
If the person mentoring you is not actively working or trying to grow their business, then I want you to consider if that person is an awesome influence to improve your optimism.
- Unfollow or leave toxicity
Recently, I had conversations with 3 clients whose businesses were doing well (making sales, leading people, seeing huge wins) but they were discouraged about their future. The one common thread amongst them: they were part of toxic Facebook group.
I saw my clients being dragged down and their optimism decreasing the more time they spent in this group.
If you are in any sort of circle that is toxic and negative, GET OUT! Those people do not pay for your mortgage; they do not pay for your kid’s college; they do not pay for your retirement. You need to get away from them.
- Find a real hobby in your downtime
When I am bored or tired, I might scroll through Facebook, which opens me up to ads written by marketers who learned how to create FOMO (fear of missing out) making me feel like I need to do something different than what I am already doing in order to be successful. Now, I do write ads, I understand the power of them, and not all ads are bad, but we work really hard to write ads that don’t create FOMO or shame or anything. But not everything has the same ethical standards as we do.
So the more time I look at things designed to make me feel like I am missing out so that I buy something, the more negative I find myself becoming. Watch your Facebook-time and get a real hobby.
Right now my hobby is watching Madam Secretary. We are in the final season of the show, and I am so glad I am not the Secretary of State, which means I don’t have negativity and FOMO.
- Write down 3 impacts per day
I have beaten this drum really, really hard for the past month. Write down the three humans in your life that you are positively impacting on a daily basis. Put names to them and be connected with your purpose.
Remember that you make a difference, and the more you focus on the difference you’re making the less focused you will be on the negative. You will start seeing that your impact is enough, you are strong, it is awesome and that will increase your optimism.
Here is what you should STOP doing in order to increase your optimism:
Get away from anybody who is toxic, or not in the arena fighting for their next goals.
They don’t have to be in the same company, or business, or even be entrepreneurs. But if they are trying to make a difference in their lives and others, and they are trying to do excellent work, then they are probably the type of person you want to hang out with. I think it is important to have relationships everywhere – in and out of your industry, in and out of your company.
One more bonus tip that I have for you is something that our family does every night at bedtime (in order to maximize our performance, of course). We each share 3 things we are grateful for that day. We have been doing this for awhile, and it is amazing how much this improves our optimism as a family even when 1-2 of us has been having a rough day.
Lastly, I want to leave you with a couple of quotes:
- “People inspire you or drain you. Pick them wisely.“
- “I want to be around people that do things. I don’t want to be around people anymore that talk or judge what people do. I want to be around people who dream, support, and do the things.” -Amy Poehler
Invest your time in optimism and optimistic people, and I am sure you will see a massive increase in your business and your joy.
Ok, so maybe it’s not NEW research, but it was new to me. Here is the article I found that introduced me to this research if you want to review it. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimkeenan/2015/12/05/the-proven-predictor-of-sales-success-few-are-using/#2cdb160a4ede
Have a great day!
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you grow your business:
1. Join the Emerge Surge – a tribe of network marketers committed to changing people’s lives. You can LEARN MORE AND JOIN HERE. The Emerge surge gives you access to our 4 core courses (Your Direct Sales Foundation, Recruit Like a Boss, Your Leadership Foundation, and Your Social Media Engagement Foundation) and offers LIVE coaching calls each week. You can join for a monthly investment of $47 or get one month free with a 6 month membership $235).
2. Order the 2020 Emerge Leadership Planner so you can crush your 2020 goals. Order physical or PDF planner HERE
3. Schedule a free team training- we will set up a zoom training with your team to go through the 5 Keys to Helping Team members make sales a more enjoyable process. Simply email to email@example.com to connect and schedule.
4. Work with me and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take your business to the next level… just email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “Private”… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!