Do you ever wonder how to stand out from the crowd with your social media posts, how to get engagement (from someone besides your mom), and how to make sure you don’t come across as salesly?
Listen or scroll down to watch the video where I’m going to answer the following questions/topics, as they relate to the network marketing industry. We will talk about:
- Where to begin. Also, how to organize yourself prior to approaching a digital business/digital marketing. Where to find fun, creative marketing material (I am none of those!)
- When and how to hire help for social media posting and managing
- How to not be to salesy but how to be balanced with information & fun posts! How to get others to comment!!!
- Strategic posting vs ignoring the ever-changing algorithm
Here are the questions for Part 1 of Social Media FAQs
Where to begin…
- Social media networking is about building relationships, it’s not social media selling with advertising.
- Start with your personal profile.
- Fun and creative marketing material isn’t all that effective for building authentic relationships
- Create posts each day that give people a behind the scenes look into your life. The questions you would ask a friend, the stories you would share, the tips you would give them, and the invitations you would give.
When and how to hire help for social media posting and managing
- I don’t recommend this for network marketers
- Delegate things that are not in the “only I can do”
- Social media networking is networking, and it’s the “only I can do” category
- I still do almost all of my social media. Exceptions- Karen proofs and edits my stories. Kristen takes my Facebook content and reposts it elsewhere just so we exist. But honestly we don’t get much business over there because I am here.
- Things that are not “only I can do”- optimizing for other platforms, responding to call to actions where hundreds respond.
How to not be to salesy but how to be balanced with information & fun posts! How to get others to comment!!!
- 5 post strategy- engagement posts, story posts, value posts, action posts, social proof (when applicable)
- Network marketers connect and create likability and things in common in their feed. They don’t sell in their feed. They don’t even sell in messenger. They create engagement in the feed, connect via messenger, and invite to some sort of conversion event in messenger like a 1-on-1, webinar, or share a video. The conversion event does the selling.
- This ensures that you aren’t ever being “salesy” in social media, you are just being social.
Strategic posting vs ignoring the ever-changing algorithm
- The algorithm doesn’t really change if you know what it’s trying to do. It’s trying to give people content that they like and engage with. When business owners try to trick it, the algorithm will adjust to avoid the tricks.
- Use the 5 post strategy and create authentic content. You will get healthy engagement and please the other social media users. That’s all the algorithm is trying to do.
- Things the algorithm is trying to avoid (because users don’t like this)- things that look like advertisements but aren’t actually sponsored, inauthentic content (not actually created by you), asking for engagement, things that make other people feel bad, external links (leave the platform)
P.S. I hope this was helpful! This Friday, May 7th we will take a deeper dive into this topic during our free social media training. Register << emergesalestraining.com/socialmedia