Have you ever thought, “How the heck am I supposed to get 2 leads a day like my upline tells me to???
Let’s face it- to keep a sustainable business we have to have leads…
And the truth is that you don’t need to get better at cold prospecting. You need to expand your network and level of influence in many different ways. It is about being a value-provider in your network.
There are 3 different types of network marketers:
- People who share with their friends/family, love the product, get the word out and make a little money in the process.
- People who share with friends and family BUT also come to every team meeting and they want to learn and engage. But they ultimately are only going to share with their friends and family.
- People who want to run a business. They want to replace their income, they want a long-term sustainable business. They are in it for longer than 2-6 months, so they need to follow ALL business principles.
So today is not about the casual network marketer. We love you if this is you, but that is not who this particular message is for. This is for the person who is looking to sustain a business past 6 months and more than ~30 customers.
The bigger your network is, the bigger your influence is. The more impact you have in the world, the more income you have. That is the flow of the sales cycle. If you jump straight to the income, everything gets weird and “salesy” and high pressure and inauthentic. That is why you have to expand the network, which comes down to lead generation.
So here is the formula (and I’m sorry my math was a little off in my video #human):
- 2 contacts per day = 10 contacts a week (aim for 2- 5 days a week)
- This should equal around 2-3 appointments a week
- With a good closing percentage, (which If yours is not at this, reply to this email and we can get you info on how to get a 60-70% closing percentage) this will equal about 5-6 new customers a month with probably 1 who wants to do the business.
But you cannot be limited to just people you know, because there are only so many people you know.
Here is how to do this:
- Friends and family
- Social Media – but social media often only reaches to our current network of friends and family.
- Booths (Vendor) events
- Networking or Speaking events where you are speaking on certain problems you are able to solve
- Group appointments
- Partnerships with other businesses
Pick 1 or 2 ways of getting contacts besides friends/family (because we are going to talk to our friends and family because we love them) to focus on over a 90 day period.
Emerge, for example, was built on referrals, but we have gone to social media, speaking events, and partnerships with other businesses so that we are not dependent upon any one source. We have spent time diversifying our lead generation.
You run a business, you’re going to have to do something to get leads.
Don’t try to get really good at all types of lead generation all at once. Pick one or two over 90 days to get really good at, and then move to another source for 90 days.
We want you to have a sustainable business, and you need a process and a plan for lead generation. Remember, you are running a business, so you need a plan.
If you need help creating your plan, and would like to talk about our coaching options, send an email to email@example.com and would love to connect with you.
Thanks for reading today’s post! Be sure to watch the entire video below.
P.S. Are you ready to dive into Your Direct Sales & Recruiting Foundation 9 week coaching program? Don’t delay because this starts THIS FRIDAY at 9 am Pacific. We are offering 25% off of your first payment (offer expires June 11). Use the coupon code summer2019. You can get all of the details and REGISTER HERE. Make sure to share with anyone who may benefit because rocking out your summer is more fun with friends. If you have taken this Coaching program, we are also offering the 25% discount on Your Leadership Foundation which begins June 12th at 11:00am PT. You can REGISTER HERE.
P.S.S. Do you wish you could have chiropractors, mental health professionals, massage therapist etc selling your network marketing products? Join me on June 5th at 9:30 am PT/12:30 ET for the $27 workshop that will talk about how to successfully recruit business owners. Register HERE.