Do you ever feel confused about how the heck to promote your products on social media without annoying your friends?
I know firsthand that using social media for your business can seem overwhelming…
So today I want to share my top 5 social media takeaways from the Association of Network Marketing Professionals Conference…
And I’ll tell you my BIGGEST take-away that really impacted me and puts my heart at peace.
The first 3 takeaways are from Rachel Jackson:
1. When you think about the different platforms think of Facebook as your talk show, Instagram as your reality show, and YouTube as your sitcom.
Each platform has a different audience and people go to different platforms for different reasons. When using the same content across the different platforms, it doesn’t make much sense for the user.
So pick a platform based on how you want to interact with your audience.
Spend up to a year building your influence on social media – it will take time for your audience to get to know you, but the consistency will lead to positive results.
2. Quality content + being a good human + consistent drive to a presentation.
You don’t actually sell on social media. You build relationships on social media, you get into conversations and then you invite people into a “conversion event” (an appointment, a webinar, or a class, for example).
3. If you don’t know what to post, grow.
Start reading or searching for the things your audience is caring about, and you will start growing and that will make it easier to find things that are helpful for them.
4. Analyze your personal page
Rob Sperry said to take time to look once a month and analyze your top 5 posts. What are the top 5? What are the bottom 5? And why?
This way you are consistently growing in the way you are creating content on social media.
5. People want to feel like the person they are engaging with is just like them.
This was my favorite takeaway from Angel Fletcher (who didn’t let them announce her rank or how big her team was- she came up on stage in her pajamas.) 🙂
She understands that when she shows up on social media 80% of her team doesn’t care if she shows up in a suit, how much she makes, and how much her team sells.
THE BIGGEST takeaway, though, came from Anthony Napolitano: You need to have a 20 year perspective on your career.
Most of us want to see an impact immediately. My coaches have worked with me on impact over income and remembering that income that I generate right now is because of work I put in 60-90 days ago.
Often I want to hurry up and implement! So many mistakes have to do with rushing to what needs to be a 10-year play. Instead, what I can do is do this one thing really well for the next few years. Over the span of 5 years, all of that will add up to massive growth. I don’t have to be in such a race.
This has put my heart at peace, which has allowed the quality of my work to go up, which is actually getting to the results I want faster.
I really hope this is an encouragement today.
If you have any questions, email us at email@example.com. We would love to connect with you. 🙂
P.S. If you want to continue the conversation on how to create more engagement with your social media posts, then join me for a FREE training on Wednesday, June 19th. You can join me at 9:00 am Pacific or 5:00 pm Pacific. Register HERE. Feel free to invite any network marketing friends who may benefit :).
And whenever you are ready, here are a few ways we can work together further…
- Step 1- If you are ready to take the next step and join me for 9 weeks of coaching on how to create a duplicatable and simple sales process, join one of our upcoming Your Direct Sales & Recruiting Foundation coaching groups HERE. The next group starts on June 26th at 4:00 pm PT/7:00 PM ET. THIS WILL BE THE LAST EVENING GROUP FOR A WHILE.
- Step 2 – If you have taken the Direct Sales coaching program and you want to learn how to lead your team so that they get results and you are not left doing all of the work join Your Leadership Foundation HERE. We have a group starting TODAY that you can still hop into!
- Step 3- If you are ready to learn how to create a culture of growth and success on your team join our next Advanced Recruiting and Mentorship Program HERE.
- Step 4 – If you would like to create an engaged online community register for our next “Your Social Media Engagement Foundation” coaching program HERE. THIS GROUP ONLY HAS 18 SPOTS LEFT.
Work with an Emerge Sales Training Sales & Leadership coach privately
If you’d like to work with an Emerge coach directly to help you build a successful business, just reply to this message with “Private” in the subject line and tell me a little bit about you and your business. I’ll send over all the details.