Today we are going to talk about some of the frequently asked questions that come up inside of our Emerge Surge membership group and with our clients. You can click the image below to watch/listen to this video.
For your convenience, scroll down for a summary of the questions you can print out and keep handy for when these questions come up. 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions
- What visuals do I need to be effective?
- A PowerPoint is great if you are doing a 1-on-1, zoom, or have access to put it up on a TV. You can print a copy and put it together as a flip chart.
- Some people like to have handouts, but I recommend keeping them simple and without a lot of information so the potential customer is focused on listening to you. They should only need to write down things that apply to them. If you give them too much information they are less likely to connect with you and will take the handout home to “review the information” which prevents them from moving forward.
- How do I follow-up with people I have met at a vendor event? I have their name, phone, and email.
- Text to let them know you will call in a minute: “Hi, this is Tasha, we met at _______ event. I know your _____ is important to you so I wanted to reach out to see if you wanted to chat further about [goals or problems]. I’m going to call you in a few minutes. I don’t want you to think I’m a telemarketer.”
- When you do connect with them, you can use the same intro but with a “Usually what I do…” approach and set up an appointment
- Please note- it is best to schedule people at the event with your appointment book. Otherwise, their name may end up in a box that you never call, or you are having to follow up over and over again trying to reach them.
- At some events, they are entering a raffle. If they didn’t give you contact information specifically for an appointment, make sure you “acknowledge the awkward”.
- Should I send a text, or call them?
- Text them to let them know you will call, then call.
- Why do I still believe in calling? Because it’s nice and they get to hear your voice. Fewer people will respond, but the bond will be higher with those that do.
- Text is also great so do what feels most comfortable for you.
- How do I increase my success rate to get people to agree to appointments without pestering them?
- Acknowledge the awkward… Whatever piece feels awkward just remove the awkward from the situation by mentioning that it is awkward.
- An example would be, “I don’t want to pester you… is your health something that is important to you? (they say yes) Awesome! Usually what I do is set up a time to chat a bit about your health goals, a little bit about _company name__ and some of the most popular kits/products. You don’t have to buy anything but if you see something you like, of course, I’ll help you order it. My part takes about 30 minutes. Is that something you would be open to?”
- How do I get more referrals?
- It starts by shifting the way you think. If you are asking because you “need them for your business” that’s going to mess you up and lead to poor results. They will think something is off. The referral ask works when it is just a part of your process, or even better when you realize your mission is to help people that your customers love.
- The steps for asking for a referral are below. Make sure to practice what you are going to say so you feel confident when you are asking.
Step 1. Tell them why you are asking
Step 2. Tell them who you are looking for
Step 3. Be specific with how to connect
Step 4. Create a win-win-win
Example: “How did you enjoy this appointment? One of the things I love to do is help the people my customers care about. I am looking for connections with people who care about their health and are nice. So that I can help them, you would just connect me with 3 people via text, let them know I am nice and am going to reach out to talk about ______. If one of them sets up an appointment I will hook you up with a free _____.”
I really hope that this was helpful for you today.
When you are ready, here are a few ways we can work together:
1. Are you ready to have more consistency, more action, and more joy in your business? If your answer is a resounding YES then we invite you to join our Emerge Surge membership group. You can grab the details and learn more HERE or set up a free 15-minute call HERE with my business partner Karen to chat about the next right step for you.
2. Order the 2020 Emerge Leadership Planner so you can crush your 2020 goals. Order physical or PDF planner HERE
3. Schedule a free team training- we will set up a zoom training with your team to go through the 5 Keys to Helping Team members make sales a more enjoyable process. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to connect and schedule.
4. Work with me and my team privately. If you’d like to work directly with me and my team to take your business to the next level… just send an email to email@example.com with the word “Private”… tell me a little about your business and what you’d like to work on together, and I’ll get you all the details!