I recently came across a Wall Street Journal article titled, “If Networking Feels Dirty, You Are Doing It Wrong.” It inspired me to have this conversation with you because so many of our clients share that they feel “inauthentic” when meeting new people or “networking.”
So let’s talk about it…
We, as humans, are used to “networking.” It’s part of the human experience to meet people, exchange value, and keep in touch (ish). We have always asked questions, learned about each other, shared stories, and shared resources.
Social media was initially created to expand this purpose.
But then COVID disrupted the human experience. Now it’s almost like we have forgotten how to be human. We, as a society, seem to have forgotten how to be social.
When people start network marketing, they know all these people from the past so they invite them to know about the products or business. Network marketers met them initially without the intention of selling to them eventually.
But now, many of our clients are thinking, “I need to meet people or I can’t make sales.” This turns into, “I’m only meeting you because I want you to buy something.” Of course this feels icky!
Then it gets worse, let’s look at what that thought does to the business.
essay college class https://lawdegree.com/questions/ebooks-download/46/ click book report format for high school where to buy scrapbook paper online https://vgdev.gtorg.gatech.edu/buyonline/viagra-y-el-infarto/1/ analysis of the music industry essay full auth3 filmbay yo12i aj ng html cialis vowinckel https://lincolnnova.com/dailyuse/combining-tadalafil-and-sildenafil/83/ go go to site https://presentdangerchina.org/review/essay-on-blindness-by-jose-saramago/65/ essayage virtuel de coiffure homme click here http://mlat.chapman.edu/annotated/gay-adoption-essays/62/ https://samponline.org/blacklives/essays-101-sdn/27/ scientific experiments on animals essay connection between levitra and melanoma fatfs write example essay go to link https://indiana.internexus.edu/courses/culture-sociology-essay/52/ if i download a pdf on my ipad where does it go source site nick saban speech source site easy american history research paper topics https://lawdegree.com/questions/thesis-creator/46/ go site https://robsonranchviews.com/article/how-to-type-an-essay/4/ environmental issues essay conclusion will viagra help with ejaculation https://shilohchristian.org/buy/cheap-college-essay-editing-service-uk/54/ Thought: I’m only meeting people because I need to sell.
Feeling: I feel icky.
Action: I avoid people.
Results: I don’t know anyone, I need to meet people because I need to sell.
Let’s try replacing that thought with something more healthy and empowering.
Thought: I enjoy meeting people with similar interests, whether I’m “working” or not.
Feeling: I’m excited.
Action: Explore wherever I can meet these types of people.
Result: I have so many new connections and some of them will want to buy.
Much better. 🙂
I have a few practical tips for you.
- If you weren’t working, what would you do? Do it!
- Join groups, follow hashtags associated with things you actually care about, as a human.
- Separate the time you spend meeting people versus inviting, versus converting. Don’t smush these processes together. (Yes, that is a technical sales training term)
- Don’t connect with people you don’t want to connect with.
If meeting people isn’t fun, you might be doing it wrong. Let’s return to being human, and do the best we can in these circumstances.
Not sure where to start to work with us?
1. Download a FREE copy of #1 Best-Selling Book “Customer First: Create More Impact And Income With Your Network Marketing Business Without Being High-Pressure Or Salesy” here: emergesalestraining.com/book The key to getting out of our own way is to put our customers first. It’s not a tactic, it’s a way of business. I am so passionate about this topic that I want you to have this book for free.
2. Join our coaching group “The Emerge Surge.” Surround yourself with the doers, use your “business coach in a pocket” to help you out of resistance. We have live coaching calls each Tuesday rotating through topics on sales, social media, recruiting, mindset, productivity, etc. Grab the details, see what workshops are coming up, and sign up at emergesalestraining.com/emergesurge Get your first 2 weeks free and pay just $47 a month there-after!
3. Join Our Most Popular Mastermind: The Customer First Sales MastermindThis is for committed network marketers that want to have more sales, more builders, and more sanity. I’m putting together a group of people to implement a system that creates 5-10 enrollments a month, and 1-3 new builders a month. If you would like the details, email us at email@example.com with the word “system” in the subject line and we can chat.
4. Expedite your results and join one of our masterminds on sales, social media, customer groups, recruiting, or productivity. This option is for our most committed community members. If you aren’t getting the results in your business that you want or you want to expedite the results you are getting, let’s chat and we will help you figure out where to start to meet your goals. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “chat” in the subject line and we will connect.